Swing Dance Venues in a Nutshell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Visitor Information, Newbies, etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frutyspice
unemployed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Swing Dance Venues in a Nutshell Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I suddenly find myself in Utah and I wonder to myself, what's the weekly swing dance calendar look like? I'd like to go out dancing! Unfortunately, it's not as easily accessible on this forum as it used to be. I want to know days, times, locations, and prices.

USU:?
BYU:?
UofU:?
Downtown Stomp:?
Anything else:?

Also, I'd definitely be up for carpools from Davis County area. pm me if you are interested.
SpecialK
addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USU:? I've heard summer has been really hard, they've been kicked out of most buildings and they've gone to a nightclub sometimes. That's just what I've heard though.

BYU: Announcements come out on the facebook group ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2201443988 ) for where and when the dance will be. There was supposed to be one on the 3rd of July, but they got screwed over by campus scheduling and the building was locked.

UofU: Every Thursday night outside in the quad by the math building. Dancing 9-10:40~ http://boards.swingutah.com/viewtopic.php?t=114&start=616

Downtown Stomp: Summer vacation with dances this Saturday, July 10, and probably August 21. 30th south state, in DF Latin Dance study. Look for the Harley dealership sign. It seems like the westies have picked up the studio other nights ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62248445986 ). If we can work together on paying the bills for the multi-room studio, that could be a great way to subsidize a Lindy venue in the future.

Anything else: There are a few Blues venues with varying attendance. I need to review them with someone who actually attends, but Monday July 11th will be Bug's farewell party at Speakeasy in downtown SLC
Flatfoots_Rosebud
addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are shooting a commercial for dancing this Saturday, July 10. It will be at 12:30 p.m. We would like to have dancers there do the Tranky Doo, Big Apple, airsteps and social dancing. We also need you to dress up in your classiest vintage or close enough to vintage.

So, you can come to that if you'd like! Just send me a message on Facebook if you want to come. Very Happy
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpecialK wrote:
Anything else: There are a few Blues venues with varying attendance. I need to review them with someone who actually attends, but Monday July 11th will be Bug's farewell party at Speakeasy in downtown SLC

Speakeasy is generally good. MadDog's thing thursday nights in Provo seems to be fine. Most times I've been to Green Street on wednesdays, it's been kinda sparse, but often better than nothing. I thought I heard that Casey was starting a thing? But I haven't been there or anything.

Man, party on the forum. This is more activity than we've had in months.
frutyspice
unemployed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Well, I'd like to have a party at University of Utah tonight. I will be there along with a friend that has moved out from California to Murray (I think). She has a lot of enthusiasm for this sort of dancing and she needs to be welcomed into the scene. It would be great if we could have people come out and meet her tonight (especially if there are guys to dance with both of us, hint, hint). I'd like for her to get a good first impression, so come out and dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SpecialK
addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a mixed bag on UofU attendance. We get around 20 people most weeks, but the last couple of weeks we started follow heavy and ended lead heavy. Don't be discouraged if that happens again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Visitor Information, Newbies, etc. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: