Michael Jackson dies at the age of 50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
savoysultan
Lindy Caper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Michael Jackson dies at the age of 50 Reply with quote

Michael Jackson the king of pop died today in a los angeles hospital at the age of 50
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit by a smooth criminal
thing 1 and thing 2
unemployed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are saying it was a suspicious death, that maybe he was murdered so the House could pass an outrageous tax increase on a bill about "cap and trade" (our carbon foot print, carbon in the environment). The bill did pass the House and had 1200 pages added to it the day of the vote. Do you think those voting actually read it???
hepkat
needs an intervention

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you read 1200 pages the day before you voted?
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing 1 and thing 2 wrote:
Some people are saying it was a suspicious death, that maybe he was murdered so the House could pass an outrageous tax increase on a bill about "cap and trade" (our carbon foot print, carbon in the environment). The bill did pass the House and had 1200 pages added to it the day of the vote. Do you think those voting actually read it???

Pfshh. I do not believe that Michael Jackson was murdered by an environmentalist conspiracy, and counsel you not to believe it either. If you insist on a connection, I may yet accept the proposition that legislators struck while the iron was hot, passing unpopular legislation in the "news shadow" of Michael Jackson's demise.

Or maybe Willie Mays knew too much about it, and they had to get rid of the witnesses.
thing 1 and thing 2
unemployed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it but it's a fun conspiracy theory. Wink And I wouldn't read 1200 pages the day of either. It just goes to show how much our elected officials actually know about what they are voting for. Can we say puppet?!
T_Roach
not all roaches are bad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang. i thought this thread was going to be about michael. Crying or Very sad ::disappointed face::

in the meantime, i've been so touched by all the tributes out there.

www.mtv.com is a great spot for all of his vids

where were you in 1983? i was too little, but years later, i too tried to moonwalk many times. no one does it quite like MJ.

check the vid: this was the first time i'd ever seen the MOMENT when it all started.
Flatfoots_Rosebud
addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Jackson certainly wasn't the first to do the Moonwalk, but he sure did make it popular didn't he? I really liked his songs (before he changed colors). I think my favorite is "The Way You Make Me Feel".

What is your favorite MJ song?
frutyspice
unemployed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was very interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eppLgX87v7Y
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frutyspice wrote:
This was very interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eppLgX87v7Y

"Michael Jackson + Nicholas Brothers (The Jacksons show 1977)" Nice. =)
jonjon
MIA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe it but it's a fun conspiracy theory. Wink And I wouldn't read 1200 pages the day of either. It just goes to show how much our elected officials actually know about what they are voting for. Can we say puppet?!

Should also get your facts straight. It was a 310 page amendment added by Henry Waxman (D-CA) that essentially allows state legislation on renewable energy passed prior to Jan 1 2009 to supersede certain provisions in the bill. Although pure speculation, the number of votes which are driven by the actual content of a bill versus protecting political allies, holding the party line, pandering to a base for election purposes, etc., well... it would probably be pretty sad.

Exaggeration of numbers, lack of reporting of the accurate details and actual realities of what was in a bill, poorly and highly questionable conspiracy theories, and feigned political "outraged" and "innocence" on both sides are just standard business in our current congressional system from both the politicians and pundits and ways for people to play the politics game. Everyone should do themselves a favor and not spout off talking points in lieu of what is actually going on.

As for MJ... meh. Great artist, went nuts, too bad he couldn't keep making albums as good as he did in the 80s and didn't go off the deep end. Way too much coverage of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thing 1 and thing 2
unemployed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonjon wrote:

Should also get your facts straight. It was a 310 page amendment added by Henry Waxman (D-CA) that essentially allows state legislation on renewable energy passed prior to Jan 1 2009 to supersede certain provisions in the bill. Although pure speculation, the number of votes which are driven by the actual content of a bill versus protecting political allies, holding the party line, pandering to a base for election purposes, etc., well... it would probably be pretty sad.

Exaggeration of numbers, lack of reporting of the accurate details and actual realities of what was in a bill, poorly and highly questionable conspiracy theories, and feigned political "outraged" and "innocence" on both sides are just standard business in our current congressional system from both the politicians and pundits and ways for people to play the politics game. Everyone should do themselves a favor and not spout off talking points in lieu of what is actually going on.

As for MJ... meh. Great artist, went nuts, too bad he couldn't keep making albums as good as he did in the 80s and didn't go off the deep end. Way too much coverage of it.

Oh, facts smats, everyone loves a conspiracy theory. Very Happy
Honorary JBJ
addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ was born exactly 30 years and 1 day before me! isn't that weird?!

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst... then you don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Music Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: