Oh, look! A song! That's cool...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Oh, look! A song! That's cool... Reply with quote

In 1945, Cootie Williams and his Orchestra recorded the Salt Lake City Bounce.
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To lovers of street jazz (Ryan, Julie, I'm looking at you...) I present the Baby Soda Jazz Band
popthestack
Danger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foehg wrote:
To lovers of street jazz (Ryan, Julie, I'm looking at you...) I present the Baby Soda Jazz Band

So awesome. Thanks!
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy has been ripping his collection of 78rpm records to mp3. He's finished 37,000+ tracks.

Would you be surprised to learn that when Slim and Slam go to school they study Chemist-oreenie?
Honorary JBJ
addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K I have a task for whoever is willing to take it... a couple weeks ago when Gil Dj-ed he played a song called "The San Fernando Valley" But it was a female singer and it was pretty upbeat not the typical mellow one you hear sung by Roy Rogers.

Here is your mission, if you choose to accept it, Find out who the singer is and if you can give me a link to where i can listen to the song!

Y'all would be my heroes if you did that!

Thanks!!

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst... then you don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're probably looking for the version by Martha Tilton, but I can't rule out the one by Liz Tilton with Jan Garber

The links above go to last.fm, and they both play the whole track. Is it either one of those?
Honorary JBJ
addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foehg wrote:
Sounds like you're probably looking for the version by Martha Tilton, but I can't rule out the one by Liz Tilton with Jan Garber

The links above go to last.fm, and they both play the whole track. Is it either one of those?

Ransom you're the hero of the day!

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst... then you don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gumby
addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which one was it?
Foehg
unemployed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She likes the second one best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Music Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: