Boilermaker Jazz Band- "Swingin' the Season" CD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
albert system
newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Boilermaker Jazz Band- "Swingin' the Season" CD Reply with quote

The Boilermaker Jazz Band announces the release of a new CD of holiday favorites titled: "Swingin' the Season". It's a great mix of jazzy holiday tunes just right for cutting a rug under the mistletoe!

I expect to have the CD's in hand today!

They will be available at all of our shows- check out www.boilermakerjazzband.com for our schedule

AND on line at www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7

They will ship anywhere- get one for yourself, and send one to a friend for Christmas! There are sound clips up there already if you want to take a listen.

CD Baby will also be handling our download sites- we'll be up soon on Amazon, iTunes, Napster, Musicnet etc etc etc etc

AND- Please help me get airplay- let me know who plays jazz on the radio, or at dances in your town. PM me, or send me email at: bmjazzband@aol.com

THANKS!

Paul Cosentino
Boilermaker Jazz Band
popthestack
Danger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I want it! I'm listening to all the previews on cdbaby (which I'm glad are long previews!). Awesome stuff.

About time someone came out with a REAL Christmas swing album!
tommy
needs an intervention

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

track # 2 should be the official ULX themesong
Danger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy wrote:
track # 2 should be the official ULX themesong

Word. I completely agree
albert system
newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a box of CD's to CDbaby yesterday. They should have them by Monday and hopefully up for sale by mid-week!!
albert system
newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Holiday music CD: "Swingin' the Season" is here! They look and sound great, and we hope that you will like them!

We will have them at all of our shows- check http://www.boilermakerjazzband.com for our dates.

It is also available for sale ON LINE right now at http://www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7

There you will find song clips and see the cover art by Jennie Luvv. You can order them with a Credit Card or Paypal, and they will ship anywhere worldwide.

ENJOY!
popthestack
Danger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo hoo! I got it! Come to the Skillet this Friday and I'll get the sultan to play a few songs off of it.
albert system
newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reviews are coming in- check out what they're saying:

“...With singer Jennie Luvv, the Boilermakers rip through 16 holiday classics. The energy never slows down. Even I'll Be Home for Christmas (sung by Mark Kotishion) a song that can have a deep sense of longing, is done at an easy-going mid tempo. When the band wants to really boost the tempo, as on We Three Kings, it rolls along behind clarinetist Paul Cosentino's nimble fingers.... That is rivaled by It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, which opens as a mid-tempo waltz before moving into a straight swing. One of the tastiest pieces is What Are You Doing New Year's Eve, with a smooth clarinet introduction and then a good vocal by Luvv.”
· Bob Karlovits, Pittsburgh Tribune Review

“The Boilermaker Jazz Band’s “Swingin’ the Season” is a sweet set of pop Christmas tunes (and one Hanukkah song). The style ranges from ragtime, to almost pure jazz, to swing, most of it presented with a New Orleans flavor, with Jennie Luvv’s vocals giving the swing numbers a somewhat post- modern edge.

The song selelction was apropos to the style, and I particulary enjoyed Santa Baby which featured, in addition to Jennie Luvv’s sultry vocals, one of the best saxophone breaks of the entire set. As someone more accustomed to Ray Benson’s ‘western swing’ style, I enjoyed this east coast version of Boogie Woogie Santa Claus, featuring Paul Cosentino’s clarinet and vocals.

This is an entertaining jazz ensemble- there is a lot of fun to be had here for jazz enthusiasts as well as plain old Christmas listeners of every stripe.”
· Richard Banks, www.christmasreviews.com

“Unlike many depressingly melancholic Christmas recordings, "Swingin' the Season" is energetic, danceable and highly stylized. You can almost visualize a group of dancers swinging across the floor to the tailgate trombone sounds of Boogie Woogie Santa Claus.

The recording features songs that you might expect from the Boilermakers, tunes from the 1930s and '40s, like Winter Wonderland and Let it Snow... But there are a few other songs that you might not expect, like the bouncy It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and the traditional carol, We Three Kings , an instrumental that jumps, drives and swings.

"We tried to do some different things," said Cosentino. And they were successful doing it.

All of the 16 songs selected are perfect for the vocal styles of Luvv, Cosentino and pianist Mark Kotishion who also sings on several tracks. "That's always a very personal choice," said Cosentino with a huge chuckle. "We select songs that are right for our voices."

In addition to playing clarinet, Cosentino also plays tenor saxophone on Blue Christmas and alto on Santa Baby. "I play the saxophone on gigs, but this is the first time I've played it on a recording," he said. "I think it gives the recording a little more variety."

... fans can enjoy "Swingin' the Season"- an upbeat album sure to take the edge off of the holiday blues.”
· Nate Guidry, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Get your copy today at www.cdbaby.com/boilermaker7 and send one to a friend!

You can also get a copy at any of our shows- check out our schedule at www.boilermakerjazzband.com

Hope to see you at New Year's Eve in York, PA at the fabulous Valencia Ballroom. www.yorkswing.org
popthestack
Danger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone get this! It's awesome. You can get it on iTunes so you don't have to wait for it to be shipped.
albert system
newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pal- so glad to hear you like it. Everyone I have talked to seems to really be enjoying it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Music Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: