The Shim Sham

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'laamas
regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: The Shim Sham Reply with quote

Hey, I've been looking for some hard-to-find swing songs I want, and I was wondering: Who recorded/performed the most popular version(s) of the Shim Sham, and where can I find it?
http://web.utah.edu/swing/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Traci
unemployed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're thinking of the one they play a lot at BYU dances, then that is by the Bill Elliot Swing Orchestra (http://www.swingorchestra.com), from the "Swingin' the Century" CD, which is out of print. I have yet to find it anywhere online. You could ask the DJ about where he or she got the song, and if it's a *borrowed version, if you can *borrow a copy yourself.
Traci
unemployed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, i lied. i haven't found any versions of the CD online that I'm willing to fork out the $$ for. i just checked amazon, and there are three used copies available, starting at $45.
tommy
needs an intervention

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try i-tunes
HllywdStyle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: The Shim Sham Reply with quote

K'laamas wrote:
Hey, I've been looking for some hard-to-find swing songs I want, and I was wondering: Who recorded/performed the most popular version(s) of the Shim Sham, and where can I find it?

Are you looking for the version where Frankie Manning actually talks in it? That's George Gee. Or the one where the band is "singing" the Shim Sham? or the original that people just dance the Shim Sham to? (can be alot of songs... If you can be a little more specific, I can probably help you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Music Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: