Forum Redirects after post?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Tech Support and Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the redirect be removed?
Yes! Get rid of the dumb redirect!
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No! Keep the redirect! It's not dumb!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

popthestack
Danger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Forum Redirects after post? Reply with quote

One of my least favorite things about forums is the stupid "message posted, redirecting to your post, click here or click here" or whatever the message is. I can get rid of it on here, and almost did, but thought I'd better see what the general opinion is first. With it removed it would just go straight to your post after you click "Submit".
J-Shizzle
HllywdStyle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you make the redirect shorter? It's good to know that your message got submitted, but... I can see how it's annoying.
Traci
unemployed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming from someone who doesn't know much about this technology goop, so take it with a grain of salt. Can you have the redirect page, but then automatically go back to the post? That way you know that the message got submitted, but you don't have to click anything.
Traci
unemployed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'm a moron. It does that already. Rolling on the Floor Laughing
The Cap'n
the lurker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Redirect Reply with quote

I agree on the shorter redirect page. However, if it cannot be done, I'd vote to get rid of it altogether.

Other Swingin' Links
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
savoyboy
addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote to get rid of it (I did, actually), but I believe that the redirect is there so that the database has time to update before displaying the thread again. That is, if you just link directly to the thread, it may link before your message gets submitted. This is just speculation, but definitely worth testing before you decide to get rid of the redirect altogether.
bobthecow
moooooooooo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traci wrote:
Heh, I'm a moron. It does that already. Rolling on the Floor Laughing

i was going to suggest that someone should add the "Swing Utah Forum Index -> Tech Support and Testing" style links down at the bottom of the page so you don't have to scroll all the way to the top of a long page to get back to the index or the forum you were in... then i scrolled down there to see if there was any room to put it. and saw that it was already there Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swing Utah Forum Index -> Tech Support and Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: